Simplified globalisation is just the removal of trade barriers which will allow the capitalist free market to prosper. However to underpin this other factors are needed.
Th Labour Party Conference has been manipulated into being a single track party all behind Starmer. This is wrong. Labour is a broad church which should be a coalition of the left. With discussion and debate the party could come up with policies that could be tolerated by all. Purging the party of Corbynites was and is wrong, as is total dismissal of Blair and the progress that was made in many areas.
Following yesterdays apple turnover good but as ever presentation let me down despite my best efforts. So today it is cheese, potato and onion pasty.
And maybe an experiment on the above by adding ??? (to be filled in later!). – I am thinking basil, garlic and maybe a touch of chilli?
And maybe a variant on the apple turnover by adding almonds and raisins?
- ▢ 2 cups small diced (peeled) apples
- ▢ 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ▢ 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ▢ 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ▢ 1 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- ▢ Flour, for dusting work surface
- ▢ 1 large egg, whisked
- ▢ Crystal sanding sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats.
- In a large bowl, stir together the apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Unfold the puff pastry sheets onto a lightly floured work surface. Using a rolling pin, gently roll over the pastry to seal any perforations then cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop a portion of the apple mixture into the center of each puff pastry square then fold the pastry across diagonally to form triangles. Using a fork, crimp together the edges then transfer the turnovers to the prepared baking sheets, spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
- Cut three small slits in the tops of each turnover then brush them with the egg. Sprinkle the turnovers with the sanding sugar (optional).
- Bake the turnovers for 17 to 20 minutes or until they’re golden brown and puffed. Transfers the turnovers to a rack to cool then serve warm or at room temperature.
Lionel Messi again showed what a great player he is. His goal was made to look simple, a 30m run, a one-two with Kylian Mbappe, and a passs into the top corner. Genius. The only other sports person to show such composure in my opinion was Michael Jordan who seemed to have air hooks when playing basketball.
So the government finally decides that the Army truck drivers could be useful and start to be trained now, so by the weekend at the earliest and if needed. That’s decision making. Maybe a request to ask people not to make unessential journeys for a few days would have worked? Even a 2% reduction in usage would have helped if the situation is as ‘not serious’ and ‘no need to panic’ as the government tell us. The situation could also be used to encourage car sharing and reduce journeys for the environmental benefit. Also a good time to roll out investment in electric car chargers!
The only word objected to was the last!
My proof is the Tory party. End of
When the Sun has a snipe at the government you know things must be bad.
Shortage of drivers means shortages of fuel at the pumps. But the government has a plan as it pleads with drivers not to fill up. OK not much of a plan, but the only one they have!