This is our government – I am proud not to have ever voted for them.
A government blueprint for changing public behaviour was withdrawn because Johnson did not like it because it contradicted the lies and bullshit he pronounced earlier.
Protect and Restore Nature:
- The Republic of Costa Rica: Costa Rica was a country that once cleared most of its forests, but it has now doubled the number of trees and is seen as a role model for others to follow. The winning project is a scheme paying local citizens to restore natural ecosystems that has led to a revival of the rainforest
Clean our Air:
- Takachar, India: A portable machine created to turn agricultural waste into fertiliser so that farmers do not burn their fields and cause air pollution
Revive our Oceans:
- Coral Vita, Bahamas: A project run by two best friends who are growing coral in the Bahamas, designed to restore the world’s dying coral reefs. Using special tanks, they have developed a way to grow coral up to 50 times faster than they normally take in nature
Build a Waste-Free World:
- The City of Milan Food Waste Hubs, Italy: Another challenge is waste – and the city of Milan in Italy wins a prize for collecting unused food and giving it to people who need it most. The initiative has dramatically cut waste while tackling hunger
Fix our Climate:
- AEM Electrolyser, Thailand/Germany/Italy: A clever design in Thailand using renewable energy to make hydrogen by splitting water into hydrogen and oxygen. Hydrogen is a clean gas but it is usually produced by burning fossil fuels
A very cool site – Thanks Andy Logan for showing me this. A raindrop or more importantly a pesticide or plastic waste dropped anywhere in the USA will end up where? Go to River Runner.
I was surprised to read that there are still climate deniers around. Presumably they do not watch the news from around the world. Or are they deluded into thinking that it is a problem for other countries. Apparently the Treasury is more concerned to balance the books short term than take advantage of the long term benefits of being at the forefront of clean technology.
Before the suits and spin doctors get to work with world leaders in Glasgow to create a false scenario. See this ‘Climate change is here’
Setting an example would be good! So ban internal flights ing the UK where a train journey of less than 5 hours is available – maybe the government should charter a train to get their entourage to Glasgow in November.
What sort of moron sets fire to someones car because they disagree with them? If caught they should certainly be jailed. There are many people I disagree with, sometimes passionately, but would respect their right to disagree. I hope Chris Packham remains steadfast and strong in his beliefs.
Government policy seems to promote this. 500+ deaths a week, 3 million cases since 1st June, thousands in hospital. But all this is now ignored as the government has passed responsibility to the people on this, and everything else that is problematic.
London hit by floods again. High rainfall maybe down to climate change, but we have clothed our cities in impermeable concrete and tarmac. Front gardens have been paved for extra parking. It is time to have a change of plan. All car parks should have lattice paving allowing infiltration. Roof gardens encouraged, lakes and ponds developed, wildlife areas planted. Put more trees in. Subsidised water butts. These measures might not stop future floods but they would certainly help.